Any legal concern that involves your family is likely to impact your happiness and stability for many years to come. When your most important relationships and financial well-being are on the line, confident decision-making can be extremely difficult. Sitting down with an experienced attorney who will prioritize your needs is a step you should take as soon as possible.
Based in Kent County, family lawyer Dennis Shimmell has been helping people in West Michigan resolve sensitive and pivotal legal problems since 1993. Whether you need highly effective counsel to negotiate solutions or a seasoned trial litigator who will fight for you in court, a call to Shimmell Law Offices in the greater Grand Rapids area is the right call to make.
Knowledge Across The Spectrum Of Divorce, Custody And Related Concerns
Mr. Shimmell is an approachable, clear communicator who adapts well to clients' unique styles and personalities. He takes the time to talk things through and clarify what matters most to each individual his firm represents. You can turn to our firm for reliable guidance and assertive representation on matters such as:
- Child custody and parenting time/visitation
- Relocation with minor children
- Unmarried parents
- Child support and alimony/spousal support
- Property settlements, whether you have modest assets or must complete a high-asset divorce
- Divorce and bankruptcy
- Stepparent adoptions
- Domestic violence, including concerns associated with personal protection orders (PPOs)
- Paternity claims and other disputes between unmarried parents
- Modifications and enforcement of existing court orders and judgments
- Drafting, review or litigation of prenuptial and other marital agreements
Get The Honest, Practical Legal Advice You Need: 616-459-3070
We do not complicate matters or escalate disputes unnecessarily. Mr. Shimmell is a family law attorney dedicated to resolving a very high percentage of cases through direct negotiations, mediation or another form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR). To explain your concerns and discuss options available for achieving your goals, please call or email us today and schedule your consultation.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.